PR International, 3 Kingley Park, Station Road, Kings Langley, Herts, WD4 8GW
January 1995 -> Present (contact details: DALE HUNTER via tel: 01923 270508 fax: 01923 269134/ firstname.lastname@example.org / www.printernational.co.uk)
The company is engaged in international distribution and my position is Business Manager, working directly with the Managing Director. I worked both full & part-time on order processing, logistics, general office administration, purchasing of stocked items/warehouse duties and booking keeping/ Accounting (VAT returns & EC Sales Lists) in multiple currencies and logistics (Letter of Credits/ Certificate of Origin/ A.TR, EUR 1's with Watford Chamber of Commerce). I personally developed their whole IT infrastructure (networks, website, spreadsheets and supply chain network through database powered online ordering). I attended trade exhibitions abroad to develop international contacts in manufacturing and frequently email, telephone and skype companies.
Mercury (Sitel Corp.), Moor Park, Rickmansworth, WD1 8GJ
February 1994 -> May 1994 (short term contract assignment contact: FERGAL CRAWLEY via email@example.com)
The job was making outbound calls to existing BT users, offering them the financial benefit of changing over to Mercury. It required thorough knowledge of the Mercury service as well as strong sales techniques. A prime requirement was to understand fully the company's program database and quick mathematical calculations to translate the customers phone bills into achievable savings. I had set a superior sales level for a 6 week period of which I was rewarded for.
Cable and Wireless, 21 Upton Road, Watford
July 1992 -> December 1993
Cable and Wireless required many different fields of knowledge. The job required transferring BT customers over onto the cable service. Our department was called Number Porting. The whole process of transporting a BT client over onto the cable service required a lot of contact with BT themselves and the customer, for porting numbers and installing cable lines into the house. Some of the tasks that I was trained for are as follows:
- Processing data into the computers of confidential customer details such as account numbers
- Calling customers, BT headquarters and service engineers for various requirements, such as cutting of their old service and putting them onto the cable service
- Correcting problems that other fellow employees had with the running of the programs/software's (Lotus 123)
- Writing letters to the customers, representing Cable and Wireless, and signed them myself
- General office administration such as organising customer contracts
- When my supervisor was absent, I was given responsibility over some twenty employees and I delegated work to them.
Personal Profile:The attributes I can offer an employer are:
- Considerable inter-personal skills. Strong ability to get on with and relate to colleagues, customers and suppliers reliably.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, ability to work independently and in a team, fast to learn news skills. Strong sales techniques and a good understanding of customer needs and business operations in international trade.
- Technical skills, especially strong leaning towards computer hardware and software, in particular. Good Accountancy skills / Book Keeping. Experienced public speaking and presentations at international exhibitions :
|Binary, Assembly Code, C, C++, Java||UNIX - Solaris||MS Office all versions + Lotus|
|Java J2EE, JDK||2000, NT, XP, XP Proffesional SP2, Vista,8,10 UEFI||Open/Libre Office, Star Office,AbiWord, Gnuneric, Quickoffice|
|HTML, JDBC||Linux types :SliTaz (.tazpkg), Puppy||Adobe Premier/Photoshop, Macromedia Flash development|
|SQL, XML||Red Hat, Open SUSE, Fedora (.rpm)||Telnet. Ftp, Putty, client/server networking, Smb4k, regexxer|
|Visual Basic||Mandrake 10.1, Mandriva||Window managers > Window-Maker,Openbox,LXDE, KDE, XFCE, Enlightenment, Unity, Gnome|
|JSP, EJB, php,||Mac OS X, Debian (.deb + apt), Maemo for my mobile phone (Nokia N900), Ubuntu LTS 6.04 onwards with Xorgs Xubuntu / Lubuntu + Knoppix, Damn Small Linux + Crunchbang, Crunchbang++, Bunsenlabs||SSH (rsa, dsa private keys), SFTP, Editing Registry, Kernal modifications/compiling, Terminal Server Client|
I have a variety of friends in several age groups, across countries, and enjoy an active social life. In my spare time I have done catelogue modelling, won a catwalk (runway) modelling for hairdressers "Tony & Guy" and extras work on television programmes such as "The Bill" and "Eastenders". I have a vast knowledge and experience of culture, food, media, economics, religion with history and attended numerous anti war protests, once personally meeting my political leader, "Tony Benn". During breaks I regularly go on Buddhist retreats, both individually or with friends, practicing principles and meeting like minded people. Collectively we attend yoga, meditation classes with Dharma's, where ever my current residence is. My family background is very international and I have worked, lived and driven in countries such as Holland, Germany, Spain, Greece, Italy, Andorra, Luxembourg, France, Morocco, Dubai, Sri Lanka, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnis and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania on several occasions and plan to visit China, Taiwan & India.
Contact us by phone, fax, e-mail for any adhesive tape requirement